Batu Caves, Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary, Aborigine Settlement Tour (Malaysia Tour Packages) Day Trip
Book this Malaysia Day Trip (S91) now – from RM 275 / USD 69.
Make friends with all the Malaysia elephants; a truly enjoyable outdoor experience not to be missed.
Batu Caves – A trip to the eastern suburbs of the city to observe a huge limestone outcrop housing an elaborate Hindu temple. The caves are a popular place of worship for Hindus and each year, during their auspicious celebration of Thaipusam, where hundreds of thousands of Hindus throng the temple.
The Department of Wildlife and National Parks – is established in Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation Centre in 1989. The centre is a base for the Elephant Relocation Team, which began the elephant translocation programme in 1974. The only one of its kind inMalaysia, the team is dedicated to locating, subduing and then translocation problem elephants from areas where their habitats are constantly being encroached by plantations.
Furthermore, Kuala Gandah also aims to promote public awareness of the elephant’s plight inMalaysia. The centre also looks after orphaned elephants to ensure their continued survival. Upon arrival, visitors will enjoy a briefing and 30 minute documentary highlighting the sanctuary’s conservation activities.
This package includes:
- Full Day Tour to Batu Caves, Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary & Aborigine Settlement
- English Speaking Driver/Guide
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- Pick Up/Drop Off from major hotels in KL
- Entrance Fees as per itinerary
- Meals as stated (Simple Local Lunch/Packed Lunch)
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes:
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Personal Expenses/Miscellaneous/Insurance
- 6% GST
- Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations
- Meals provided in Elephant Sanctuary will be of simple local meal/packed lunch
- Kindly bring along mosquito repellent or long sleeve shirts, towels, change of clothes, comfortable walking shoes
- Requires some leisure walking
Day 1: (-/L/-)
|1000||Meet & Greet at KL City/ Hotel. Transfer to Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary. En route, have a short stop over at Batu Caves and for those who are adventurous, you may wish to climb the 272 steps to witness the panoramic view of KL city and a Hindu temple.|
|1100 – 1300||Continue the journey and upon arrival, witness the Aborigine Settlement (pass by). Next, enjoy a simple local lunch in Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary.|
|pm||A 30-minute National Geographic documentary at the Visitors Information Centre will be shown.|
|pm||Enjoy a wonderful time with the Elephants by feeding them!|
|1530 – 1545||Transfer to KL City / Hotel (you should arrive KL at about 1730-1800|
Duration: Day Trip (7.5 hours)
Board Type: Meals as Stated ( 0B/ 1L/ 0D)
Travel Package Code: S91
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Gandah
Category: Nature & Ecology
Departs: 1000 hours
Includes: Hotel No Flight No
Validity: 01/01/2015 – 31/12/2016
Package Price Per Person
Adult: RM 275.00 / USD 69
Child: RM 170.00 / USD 43
Minimum: 2 persons to go
For tour enquiry, kindly contact us.