Batu Caves, Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary (Feeding and Bathing) Tour DayTrip
Book this Tour Package (S91) now – from RM 315 / USD 79.
A Kuala Lumpur day trip to visit the Batu Caves & the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary.
Batu Caves– A trip to the eastern suburbs of the city to observe a huge limestone outcrop housing an elaborate Hindu temple. The caves are a popular place of worship for Hindus and each year, during their auspicious celebration of Thaipusam, where hundreds of thousands of Hindus throng the temple.
The Department of Wildlife and National Parks – is established in Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation Centre in 1989. The centre is a base for the Elephant Relocation Team, which began the elephant translocation programme in 1974.
The only one of its kind in Malaysia, the team is dedicated to locating, subduing and then relocating problem elephants from areas where their habitats are constantly being encroached by plantations.
Furthermore, Kuala Gandah also aims to promote public awareness of the elephant’s plight in Malaysia. The centre also looks after orphaned elephants to ensure their continued survival. Come on down to enjoy the most rewarding experience where you are able to feed the elephants! Upon arrival, visitors will enjoy a briefing and 30 minute documentary highlighting the sanctuary’s conservation activities.
This package includes:
- Full Day Tour to Batu Caves, Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary & Aborigine Settlement
- English Speaking Driver/Guide
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- Complimentary pick up/drop off service from major KL hotels
- Meals as stated (1 Simple Local Lunch / 1 Packed Lunch)
- Entrance Fees (as per itinerary)
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes:
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Personal Expenses/Miscellaneous/Insurance
- 6% GST
- Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations
- Meals provided in Elephant Sanctuary will be of simple local meal / packed lunch
- Kindly bring along mosquito repellent or long sleeve shirts, towels, change of clothes, comfortable walking shoes
- Requires some leisure walking
Day 1: (-/L/-)
|1000||Meet & Greet at KL City/ Hotel. Transfer to Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary. En route, have a short stop over at Batu Caves and for those who are adventurous, you may wish to climb the 272 steps to witness the panoramic view of KL city and a Hindu temple|
|1100 – 1300||Continue the journey and upon arrival, enjoy a simple local lunch in Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary.|
|pm||A 30-minute National Geographic documentary at the Visitors Information Centre will be shown|
|pm||Enjoy a wonderful time with the Elephants by feeding them!|
|pm||Transfer to KL City / Hotel|
Board Type: Meals as Stated ( 0B/ 0L/ 0D)
Travel Package Code: S91
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Gandah
Category: Nature & Ecology
Departs: 10:00 am
Includes: Hotel No Flight No
Validity: 01/01/2015 – 31/12/2016
Package Price Per Person :
Adult: RM 315 / USD 79
Child: RM 190 / USD 47
Minimum : 2 persons to go